Monday, February 20, 2012

Good mornin!!!!

So, this week has been SUPER slow. Everyone and their dog drop kicked us in the face. Ya. We've lost some investigators, which is so sad.
Jerry called on cheery morning and told us that he prayed and God told him to go to the Church of Christ. Huh? He was so golden, but something must have happened. We went over later to drop of a white shirt and tie (we had got for him to come to church) but he still was set on his dad's church. Wah. We were super sad about that. Later, another investigator Brenda told us that she had watched "a show on TV about Mormons" and she "could never believe the same way we do." Wah. Twice in one day.
It's okay though, because we were able to find a few potential investigators, three of which are families. So hopefully we'll have some new people to teach this week.
And while I'm being whiney, we also attended a funeral this week of a little 8 year old boy from the ward. He's had cancer for 4 years, and passed on the 10th. Oh my sadness. We had actually never met him (he'd been really sick, obviously) but he sounded like a great kid. He had just been baptized a few months before he passed. It is so great to know the plan of happiness Heavenly Father has set out for us. We know that little boy is in a better place. He must have been a really special spirit to leave this earth life so quickly.
We met with Kurt again. He is so cool. The elders came with us. I asked him one question (about the plan of salvation) and he seriously bore his testimony for 30 minutes (I timed him) and came back to the question at the end. He has a rock solid faith. We're hoping we can get him to progress in the gospel.
Our scripture study class went well this week. We've still only had members there, but more came. Hopefully this week we'll have some non-members or less-actives there. We've been inviting everyone!
Last night we went to visit a family who is so cool. I found out the mom is a social worker and a birth doula! What the?!? She is exactly who I want to be! So we talked about social work and birth for a long time. I told her she is going to be my facebook friend as soon as I get home :)
So ya, not too many things going on. We went tracting lots, so that is always exciting. Didn't have any funny or really cool things happen though...
It's strange to think that I am coming home so soon. It doesn't even feel real. I am so happy that I am able to be a missionary. It has taught me more than I ever imagined it would. I love this gospel.
The Church is True!
I love you!
Love, Sister Kayla Gunnell
PS does anyone have snow? We still have warm weather here. What is the deal?
PPS how has the gospel changed your life? I'm taking responses asap :) (like really, I want to know)

No comments:

Post a Comment