Monday, March 21, 2011

News update

Hi ya'll!
Longest week ever!! Truly. So now we are Philippi, which is just 20 min away from Buckhannon. It is a teeny town (took approx. 5 min to see everything in it :) and a small branch. President T. told us that we will only be staying here three weeks. Sister Durfee will go home, and I will get transferred somewhere else again. He still wants Elders in Philippi, and will keep Elders in Buckhannon for a few more months before bringing sisters back (not me, but other sisters.) So, its been slightly difficult knowing that we are only going to be here for a short time, but we are really going to work hard with less active ladies (that the elders have a hard time visiting) and part-member families. So far, every member we have met has been great!!! There is a college that has a PA program, so there are a lot of young couples with little kids, which is SO fun!!! Its hard being doubled-in to an area, we have no idea where we are most of the time. We have permission to talk to the Elders in Buckhannon, and we call each other a lot trying to figure out where to go and where people live. Fun, fun.
We may have a baptism before we go though. The Elders have been teaching a sweet girl named Amber who already has a baptismal date in a month, but she is ready, so we are going to move her date up-if she would like to. Yay!
Leaving Buckhannon was really hard. I cried the last few days. It was especially hard saying goodbye to Shawn, we felt like we were abandoning her too. She doesn't have anyone. We miss Buckhannon a lot, but you have to move on.... Shawn's story was on the front page of the newspaper Wednesday morning. Her brother bailed out Sunday night. We don't really know what is happening with the situation, other than Shawn is safe.
We do get to drive a brand new truck here though. Woohoo!! 2011 Chevy Colorado. We named it CaCoa Juanita DreamMaker. The Elders were mad because that is a girl name. Wahahah! (I truly don't even like trucks, but it's fun I guess).
Because I'll be transferred soon, and don't know where to, you can always send mail to the mission home and they will forward it to me wherever I am.
888 Oakwood Rd. #310
Charleston, WV
25314
FYI.
Church was really great yesterday. It was branch conference, so a bunch of stake people were there. We had to introduce ourselves and bear our testimonies. I talked about love, and have been thinking even more about it. I was thinking about how much I love my family and my friends and Sister Durfee, and realized that the love I have for them, does not even compare to the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. I know that he has a path for each of us. A lady at church yesterday made the statement that we don't need to love each other more, we need to love each other better. I love that! Charity, is the pure love of Christ. We need to be move charitable towards each other, more kind and giving. I am working on that. I just love the gospel. I truly do. It brings such happiness and joy to my life!
I hope you all are doing well.
The Church is True!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Love, Sister Kayla Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment