Monday, March 7, 2011

Mellow-Yellow

This week has been pretty uneventful. Even though we've been working hard and running around like usual, nothing of huge significance sticks out to me...except....
We helped a lady clean her trailer. Gross. She had bought a brand new carpet cleaner/vacuum and her carpet was so gross, I would have bought new carpet instead. I "ran the sweeper" over the whole area three times, and cleaned out the water, and it was still filthy. Good thing we love her so much!! AND that she had plastic gloves for us! Hahah.
We also tracted her trailer park. Can you say scary? It was raining again, and we had a little success with finding potentials. I'm just glad we made it out alive! Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic. Sister Durfee says that is a fault I have that I need to work on. Like instead of saying, "I've told you a hundred times!" I now say, "I've told you approximately four times." Hahaha its a joke. I still love Sister Durfee and we have so much fun together.
We met with Elayne and for the first time she said that if she found it was right, she would be baptized and become a member of the Mormon church. Wooohoo! Only problem is, she said she doesn't feel its right. We're still working with her, and have high hopes.
John C. and Pat (his wife) came to church yesterday! We were so excited, we haven't seen them in forever! They sat up front (so John could hear) and Pat bore her testimony, that some day she hopes her husband will join the church. Hooray!!! Hopefully we'll see them tonight!
I still love Judy. We see her every week and she always brightens my day!
Side note, tomorrow, in one year, I will be home. So weirded out by that. I feel like I got here yesterday!!
I'm sorry this weeks email is kind of lame... I love being a missionary!!
It snowed yesterday. Sad, since we thought spring was coming!!!
My studies are going well! I'm reading in Corinthians. Paul is a genius. He has so much jam-packed into those books, I have to slowly break it down. I LOVE the scriptures!!
The Church is True!
I love you!
Love, Sister Kayla Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment