Wooooooo!!!
This weeks been pretty good. We had some neat experiences.
We were trying to decide what to do, and felt inspired to tract a certain street (29th) So we started in the middle and did both sides. No one was answering the the door the whole time. But I wasn't loosing faith, cause I knew there was someone there who would be receptive. When we got to the 3rd to last door, these little kids answered the door, then this lady (their grandma, named Cora) came and talked to us. We told her about the Book of Mormon, and how it could bless her life. She told us she has been struggling a lot with her family and trying to help some of them get over their addictions. She then said, "wow, yall came at the perfect time!" MIRACLE. We are sooo excited. We have an appointment with her on Tuesday.
We've met with Elaine twice this week. She is really shining! She has been reading and praying a lot, and set herself with another baptismal goal date! February 18th. She came to church this week too. YES!!
We also saw Mason twice. The first time we taught his family the restoration. It was so cute and awesome, because we were talking about how the church Christ set up, has been restored to its fullness on the earth again! Mason asks, "is that church still in existence?" We were able to proudly and boldly answer "Yeah dude! Its OUR church!!!" He was totally in awe of that. I love little kids, so awesome. We went by a second time and played basketball and football with them in the street. It was way fun. He didn't know Sister Little played basketball (and soccer and rugby) so he was blown away at her mad skills. Hahaha. He also came to church this week, with his dad-just the two of them. It shows great initiative that Mason really does want to be baptized.
We also went to return some tupperware to a member-just followin our GPS and she lives WAY back, the very last house down a looong holler. Oh my, I fell in love. They have a beautiful house with a farm on 200 acres of West Virginia mountains. If she asked us to move in, we would have said yes in a heartbeat!! Her husband is not a member (yet) and she wants us to start teaching him. Yay!! We found out that she doesn't even live in our area OR zone (but she is in our ward)! So we got permission to go out there again. Hooray!!
Well, things are going well! I got asked to speak about "hope" in our next district meeting and Sister Little is SOOO happy because she tells me I have no hope every day. Ha!!
I read the coolest section ever in the Doctrine and Covenants. You should check it out! D&C 107. Its all about the priesthood. I loved it.
The Church is True!!
I love you!!!
Love, Sister Kayla Gunnell
No comments:
Post a Comment