Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life Update. Go!

So basically, I have little to report. I keep trying to figure out something to blog about, but I've come up bare handed. Here is my life update:

SCHOOL. Mighty stressful. I have 4 classes, and am sorry to say am doing poorly in all of them. My Ghana prep is by far the most time consuming. I am working on my proposal to turn into the IRB by the 20th of this month. After that, the class should be a breeze. I have a huge stats test tomorrow. Sucks. I find out what I get on my approaches to religious studies test on Tuesday, and have a big midterm for anthro on Wednesday or Friday. Blah. I'm pushing through it though. I just wish I could leave to Ghana right now.

GHANA. I just purchased my plane ticket with my friend Justin. We got them super cheap! A whopping $1,499.80. Here is a short of our itinerary: Leave the first week in May from Salt Lake. Then fly to Chicago, then to Frankfurt, Germany. Then to Lagos, Nigeria, then to Accra, Ghana. Whew! On the way home, we fly from Accra, back to Lagos, back to Frankfurt, then to London for 12 days. We are planning on exploring England, Ireland, and Scotland during this time. Yay! Then from London, back to Frankfurt, to Denver to Salt Lake. And I'll be back right before school starts in August. What a traveling adventure! The funny part is, that we go to Germany 3 different times. Too bad there isn't enough time to explore anything but the airport. But my proposal is coming along... I'll perhaps blog about my final project when it is complete.

WORK. I recently found out my last day is April 21st. It is the day before my birthday, and the week before finals. So pretty good timing I guess... I'm actually really sad about it. I love my job. A lot. I've been there a long time and learned tons, so I guess its somebody else's turn to experience my luck. I'll get over it soon enough.

BOYS. No comment. I really don't want to talk about it. 

FAMILY. Doing excellent. The less I see them, the more I grow to love them. That sounds bad, but really - I learn to appreciate them much more! I've been getting a lot closer with my sisters and mom lately, and I love it! They are truly the best people and my best friends.

BESTIES. My besties are doing great. Truly. I have great friends. I love them a lot. I can't even express my love. 

Ok, so I guess my life is not that cool or exciting right now... Maybe something awesome will happen soon....Hopefully not though. Too much drama at one time can do stuff to ones soul.

3 comments:

  1. Kayla, that is so exciting!!! But let me just say... beware of the Frankfurt airport. I had a layover there too before and a mean old Nazi yelled at me and then I bought a bottle of water and it was like 4 Euros! Rip off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who the heck is that in the tub?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its me rob! I am in the tub! Ha, jk. I have no idea who it is. Thanks for the warning rach! I get to go there 3 times, so I best be extra cautious!!

    ReplyDelete