Monday, May 30, 2011

Uneventful week...

Seriously, I can hardly think of anything that has happened this week, besides that we had a big group training meeting on Tuesday. It was really great and spiritual and I loved it.
We had Tanner at church yesterday, and also one less active lady (who hasn't come in over 2 years) and a less active family! I was so excited to see them, truly. We have been meeting with them every week and it is so great when they follow up with commitments.
We've been doing a lot of service this week, aka helping this one lady move (a lot), and another lady clean, and the youth chop/stack wood. Wahoo!
We had a lesson with Andy (the guy Sis. Young and I tracted into in the pouring rain) and taught him about the Book of Mormon. Hooray for new investigators! He seems really excited to read it.
We tracted into some old bible bashing ladies. Loved it. She kept telling us all the things wrong with "the Normans". Obviously, she was confused. She said that the Book of Norman was like the Bible, but some man changed all the words! Oh joy. We ended up just saying a prayer and leaving. Before I said it, she said, "I am going to listen to every word you say!!" Like she was trying to intimidate me, and was going to catch me saying something wrong. Hahaha. It was not funny at the time, but it is very funny now.
I really do love the Beckley ward here. They are so great.
Sorry this weeks email is total lameness.
The Church is True!
I love you!
Love, Sister Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment